Music Theory (MUTH)
- MUTH 103 & 104: Music Theory I & II
Music History (MUHI) and General Musicianship (MUGN)
- MUGN 201: Intro to Music I: Listening Experience I
- *MUGN 212: History of Rock & Roll
- *MUGN 215: History & Styles of Jazz
- MUGN 308 Digital Music: Composition & Production
- MUHI courses at 300 level (by permission of instructor)
- MUTH 319: Jazz Skills (pre-req. MUTH 102, 104, or 106 or permission of instructor)
- SAGES USSO and USSY courses in Music
Music Education (MUED)
- *MUED 305: World Music in Education
- MUED courses at 200 level (by permission of instructor)
Music Ensembles (MUEN)
- All students are welcome to participate in ensembles. Auditions take place during the first week of the semester. Once auditions are completed students may request permissions in SIS to register for the appropriate ensemble course. For a full list of ensembles, including audition requirements and course information, please visit our Ensembles section.
Applied Music Lessons (MUAP)
- All students are welcome to take music lessons through our Joint Music Program with The Cleveland Institute of Music (fees associated for music minors/non-majors). Please review the information outlined in our Registration for Music Lessons (Music Minors or Non-majors) section.
*fulfills Global and Cultural Diversity Requirement
Not all courses listed are applicable to the music minor. For music minor requirements, please visit this page.