The Eloquent Oboe and The Soft Complaining Flute: Music for Eighteenth-Century Woodwind Solo
Location: Harkness Chapel
• Johann Sebastian Bach. Trio Sonata No. 3 in D minor, BWV 527. 14 minutes. (Ob, Vln, B.C.)
• Antoine Dornel. Oboe Sonata in G Major. 7 Minutes. (Ob, B.C.
• Georg Tromlitz. Partita VI for Solo Flute in C Major. 10 Minutes (Fl solo)
• Francois Couperin. Deuxieme de Concerts Royaux. 14 Minutes. (Fl, B.C.)
• Francesco Geminiani. 2 Airs with Variations from “Treatise of Good Taste in the Art of Music.” 10 minutes. (Fl, B.C.)
Qin Ying Tan, harpsichord | Jane Leggiero, cello | Allison Monroe, violin
Historical Performance Practice Program | Students in the CWRU HPP program are part of a small, highly selective, and fully funded experience for advanced students destined for leadership in the early music field. Our degrees provide graduates with a wide range of marketable career-building skills while encouraging creativity and exploration.
Based on the philosophy that outstanding historical performers also need to be excellent historians and researchers, the program combines high-level performance training with rigorous academic study. Students take private lessons with our renowned applied faculty and visiting artists; participate in a wide range of ensembles from Medieval to Romantic; enroll in musicology classes and targeted HPP seminars; and prepare lecture recitals by working closely with a faculty advisor – all with the aim of deepening their understanding of the repertories they perform and their historical contexts.[/vc_column_text]