Harkness Chapel is available to qualified couples for wedding celebrations during the summer, starting the weekend after commencement (mid-May) and ending the weekend before orientation (2nd weekend of August). University chapels may be reserved for use by faculty, staff, current students, alumni, and direct family members (sons/daughters or brothers/sisters) of faculty, staff, current students, and alumni.
- Rhapsody in Blue at Harkness Chapel, Shiny Penny Studios
- Additional photos by WesternReserve (flickr)
- Contact the Department of Music for reservation information and to schedule a viewing.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 216.368.2297.
- Rental of Harkness Chapel requires a $100 deposit at contract to hold a date, and a $1,000 rental fee ($100 deposit is applied to rental fee).
- Damages in excess of the $100 deposit fee will be billed separately.
- Two-hour rehearsal booking
- Four-hour ceremony booking
- Final walkthrough conducted 30-days prior to the ceremony (balance of rental fee due at this point)
- Use of the piano by a professional musician
House Vendors (services billed separately)
- Photographer: Shiny Penny Studios | Keli Schimelpfenig, photographer
- Audio/Visual: Ken Wendt | videography, sound reinforcement and audio/visual services
Reception Locations in University Circle
- Tinkham Veale University Center*
- Linsalata Alumni Center*
- Thwing Center*
- Glidden House
- The Cleveland Museum of Art
- Museum of Contemporary Art: Cleveland
- Cleveland Museum of Natural History
- Cleveland Botanical Garden
- Severance Hall
- The Tudor Arms Hotel
- Intercontinental Hotel
- The Ballroom at Park Lake
- Courtyard by Marriott
Guests are encouraged to park in the Ford Drive Garage (Lot 54) when visiting Harkness Chapel. This garage has 3 levels of above ground parking and the public entrance is located between Euclid Ave. and Bellflower Rd. at 1980 Ford Drive Cleveland, Ohio 44106. The garage is public and shared amongst several buildings and daily rates charge up to $10 max.
Guests can also park in the Campus Center Parking Garage (Lot S-29) when visiting campus. This garage is underground and the public entrance is located at 11172 East Boulevard, Cleveland, Ohio 44106. The entrance located along Bellflower Road is for permit holders only. Guests without an access card will not be able to enter/exit from this location. The garage is public and shared amongst several buildings, including Severance Hall. Guests of The Cleveland Orchestra are given priority on performance nights. Special event rates will apply on those occasions. Otherwise, daily rates charge up to $10 max.
Street parking is also available on a first-come, first-serve basis on both Bellflower Road and East Boulevard. Please see the meter for applicable rates and time restrictions.
Additional event parking is available at any of the museum garages ($), including the Cleveland Botanical Garden, Cleveland Museum of Art , and Cleveland Museum of Natural History.
Loading and Unloading
Guests or vendors can temporarily park in Campus (Lot 33) , directly behind Harkness Chapel, when loading and unloading. Please provide the event coordinator (Department of Music) with general arrival times and vehicle descriptions so this information can be given to CWRU Parking Services in advance. The entrance to this lot is next to the Ford Drive Garage (with chalkboard murals) at 1974 Ford Drive, Cleveland, OH 44106.