The CWRU Department of Music provides free audio recording services for the following events:
- all concerts by official Music Department ensembles
- all recitals that are required for the completion of graduate degrees
- all endowed recitals (e.g. the annual Terr Ronis Recital)
- performances given as part of Music Department or CIM chamber music courses that are offered exclusively to CWRU students (studio recitals not included)
These events are recorded by CWRU Student Audio Recording Technicians as part of their work study job under the supervision of Mr. Bruce Egre | Head, Audio Recording.
. . . . .
A recording service is available for a fee of $45.00 for all other Music Department performances (scheduled in Harkness Chapel) that fall within these categories:
- student solo or joint recitals, including Capstone projects
- studio recitals
- guest recitals
The procedure for requesting and paying for the recording service is as follows:
- Request time in the Harkness Chapel by completing the Harkness Chapel Reservation Form (make sure to check the box next to “Recording Request”).
- Submit the Harkness Audio Service: Recording Request below.
- A minimum of two weeks advance notice is required when requesting recording services.
- Audio service is only available in Harkness Chapel. Off-site events (including official Music Department ensembles) that need to be recorded will be independently contracted.
- Performers will receive an e-mail confirmation when a recording engineer has been assigned to the event.
- Payment is required no later than a business day before the event and should be dropped off in the Music Office (Haydn Hall, 201).
- Accepted forms of payment: Cash/Check (made out to Case Western Reserve University or CWRU)
- Students also have the option of self-recording. Equipment can be loaned from The Core Computer Lab.