All CWRU students are welcome to participate in applied music lessons (MUAP). Our private instructors are members of the Cleveland Institute of Music (CIM) faculty. In order to register, please complete the form below:
- The department will contact the CIM Registrar to see which instructor has available studio space (based on your interest).
- Students may be asked to contact this instructor via email to discuss available lesson times before joining their studio.
- After the instructor is assigned, the permit in SIS is manually released for the correct Applied Lessons (MUAP) course. You will then be emailed with all of the information for registration.
- Medical Students must have permission from the University School of Medicine Registrar before enrolling in applied music lessons.
- Students taking lessons through the CIM Preparatory and Continuing Education Division are not provided access to CWRU practice facilities.
- As a non-major you will pay an additional fee (added to your tuition) for lessons. These fees, per semester, are $750 for 30-minute lessons each week at (1) credit unit, or $1,500 for 1-hour lessons each week at (2) credit units.
**NOTE** These fees are not covered by the tuition waiver.
- You have the option of taking 30 minute lessons for (1) credit or 60 minute lessons for (2) credits.
**Students must be able to provide their own instrument. The Department of Music does loan out instruments to ensemble (MUEN) members. Please email the director of your ensemble with any questions.**
Note: Once you begin lessons you will study with the same instructor unless otherwise indicated. Please visit the music office or send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org during each registration advising period to enroll for the upcoming semester(s).
Please review these details closely. If you should have any questions, please contact the Department Assistant at email@example.com.
Instrument to Study:
Level of Study:
Previous Musical Experience:
If currently enrolled in lessons, please list course number/section (MUAP) and the name of your CIM instructor.:
Semester you would like to enroll in lessons:
Number of Credit Hours:
1 Credit Hour2 Credit Hours
Haydn Hall, Room 201
11118 Bellflower Road
Cleveland, OH 44106-7105