Harkness Chapel Rules for Use
- All time includes any set-up and tear-down.
- Please be careful when moving the piano. Please make sure the piano is locked with the cover put back on after the event.
- The harpsichords and organ are NOT to be used unless given prior approval by the Department of Music.
- Do not place anything on top of the piano or harpsichords.
- Please put all stands and chairs back on the racks before leaving.
- Food/beverages can only be served in foyer area and Harkness Classroom with permission from the Department of Music (must be indicated on reservation request). No alcohol permitted!
- Use of candles is not permitted.
- Do not block exits at any time.
- Do not use tape, pins, staples, etc. on any wood surfaces.
In case of an emergency:
- Call Campus Security emergency line 216.368.3333. Non-emergency calls can be made to Campus Security at 216.368.3300.
- In case of an HVAC issue, please call the emergency facilities number at 216.368.2580.
DO before you leave:
- Return the piano, harpsichord, and fortepiano to their original location. (not over an air vent)
- Music stands and chairs must be neatly racked and returned to the side vestibule.
- Dispose of all trash in the proper receptacles. Check both the lobby and audience areas. Everything must be thrown out.
- Classroom (if used): dispose of all trash and return the chairs/stands to their original location.
- Turn off all the lights.
- Shut and lock all the doors and windows.
- Recover and lock the piano.
- Plug in the piano and be sure that it is not placed over an air vent.
The responsible party listed on the Harkness Chapel Reservation Request agrees to adhere to these guidelines. Please treat this historic and valuable building with utmost respect. Disregarding these regulations and any resulting damages will be billed to the person who made the reservation. Furthermore, the individual/group may not be permitted to use Harkness Chapel in the future. All Concert & Events Team members have gone through training and respect for their authority is expected. They will remain in the Harkness building at all times.
Checking the box on the Harkness Chapel Reservation Request signifies that as the person booking Harkness Chapel, you have read the these Usage Guidelines and agree to be the responsible party for any security breaches or damage incurred.
For more information, contact: Jennifer Wright, Coordinator of Department Operations (216) 368-2400 firstname.lastname@example.org