Harkness Chapel Rules for Use
In case of emergency:
Case Security emergency number is 216.368.3333. The non-emergency line is 216.368.3300. TIP: security answers university emergencies faster than the city of Cleveland (do not call 911).
Expectations of Use:
- No food or beverage is permitted in the chapel. Cookies and non-alcoholic beverages may be served in the foyer area in front of the hall provided that this time was included on the Harkness reservation.
- No alcohol may be served.
- Do not block the exits at any time.
- Do not use tape on any wood surfaces.
- Do not move the harpsichord since it is very fragile. Monitors and stage managers have been specially trained to move this valuable instrument.
- Do not use candles under any circumstances.
- Do not place anything on top of the piano or harpsichord.
- Do not place the piano over a vent at any time.
- Do not place the piano wheels on the outlet boxes on the stage.
- Do not push the piano over the electrical cord. Unplug the cord, move the piano, and then plug the cord back into the outlet.
DO before you leave:
- Return the piano, harpsichord, and fortepiano to their original location. (not over an air vent)
- Music stands and chairs must be neatly returned to the side vestibule and NOT block the aisle.
- Dispose of all trash in the proper receptacles. Check both the lobby and audience areas. Programs that are left behind will be thrown out.
- Classroom (if used): dispose of all trash and return the chairs to their original location.
- Turn off all the lights.
- Shut and lock all the doors and windows.
- Recover and lock the piano.
- Plug in the piano and be sure that it is not placed over an air vent.
Please treat this historic and valuable building with utmost respect. If you disregard these regulations, any resulting damages will be billed to the person who made the Harkness Chapel Reservation. Furthermore, you may not be permitted to use Harkness Chapel in the future. All monitors and stage managers have gone through training and respect for their authority is expected. They will remain in the Harkness building at all times.
For more information, contact: Jennifer Wright, Coordinator of Department Operations (216) 368-2400 email@example.com