LEARN ABOUT THE CHOIR
Want to sing with a group of dynamic people? Join Case Concert Choir and share in the excitement of making music together! Repertoire for the 2018-19 season will include music from a variety of historical and stylistic contexts.
The Case Concert Choir is an auditioned mixed-voice ensemble with a focus on performing both a cappella and accompanied choral music from a variety of time periods and genres. In addition to shorter pieces, the ensemble also performs larger works of choral-orchestral repertoire through collaborations with the Case University Circle Symphony Orchestra and our University Circle neighbor institutions (Mozart Requiem, 2011; Vaughn Williams Toward the Unknown Region, 2012; Haydn Schöpfungsmesse, 2013; Bernstein Chichester Psalms, 2014; Beethoven Meeresstille und glückliche Fahrt, Haydn Te Deum and Mendelssohn Magnificat, 2015; Duruflé Requiem and Quatre Motets, 2016; Handel Coronation Anthems, 2017; Rutter Mass of the Children, 2018). Concert Choir will collaborate with the Church of the Covenant Chancel Choir during the fall 2018 semester to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Armistice Day. In spring 2018, the CWRU Choral Showcase will feature special guests from Kirtland High School, along with Concert Choir, University Chorale, and Case Men’s Glee Club. Case Concert Choir was originally founded in 2004 as part of a University Presidential Initiative to support the Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences.
Case Concert Choir maintains a tradition of excellence in performance, strives to improve group and individual musicianship skills, and fosters community building. Dr. Michael Peters brings a wealth of knowledge to the podium as an experienced professional vocalist and conductor for the 2018-19 academic year.
The ensemble is open to any undergraduate or graduate student at CWRU or CIM. Members may choose to participate in the ensemble for 0-1 credit (MUEN 382). Auditions are held during the first week of classes each semester. Please see below for additional details.
University Circle Festival Chorus
Faculty, Staff, and University Circle Community Members wishing to sing during our annual Circle Fest Carol Sing in December are welcome to join us through the University Circle Festival Chorus! Rehearsals are held Monday evenings, starting at specific times during the semester. Individuals interested in singing this fall should contact Dr. Peters directly for additional information: email@example.com, (216) 368-2411.
AUDITION FOR THE CHOIR
CCC auditions for fall semester 2018 will take place during the first two weeks of classes in Harkness Chapel. All students wishing to participate in Concert Choir must audition (including folks who participated during the spring 2018 semester with Dr. Garrett). Course registration permission will be granted at the end of the first week of classes and will continue through the add-drop period for new members. Students must be registered for MUEN 382 in order to participate. Singers from all majors, both undergraduate and graduate levels at CWRU and CIM, are welcomed and encouraged to audition!
STEP 1: Schedule your audition
- Login to Chrome with your CWRU account
- Starting August 20th, click HERE to schedule an audition date and time using Google Calendar Appointments
- Navigate on the calendar to August 27, 28, or 29, 2018 and click on one of the available audition slots to schedule a time. Please select the earliest available time slot for your requested audition date.
- Click “Save”
- Your audition time is now scheduled!
Note: To cancel an appointment slot you’ve already booked, leave the sign-up page and delete the event from your own Google calendar
STEP 2: Complete an online audition form
- Login to Chrome with your CWRU account
- Online Google audition forms will be available starting August 20th. Click HERE to complete a form before your audition.
Auditions will continue through the add-drop period. Contact Dr. Peters if you are interested: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Case Concert Choir Audition Requirements:
The audition process for Case Concert Choir is designed to let the director get to know you and your singing ability in a short amount of time. If you take some time to prepare before your audition, take a few deep breaths before your appointment, and sing to the best of your ability, you can leave feeling good about the meeting! Please take a moment to review the audition requirements.
- Sign up for an audition date and time.
- Prepare your voice part (S,A,T,B) of this choral excerpt. You will be given a starting pitch and asked to sing your part with piano accompaniment.
- Be prepared to vocalize to determine range
- Be prepared to sight-read a short example to determine music reading level
- Be prepared to echo-sing short exercises to determine listening ability
- Remember to arrive a few minutes early to your audition time. Audition forms are available online and can be completed anytime prior to your audition.
CASE CONCERT CHOIR SEASON 2018-2019
Check back soon for details about our 2018-19 performance season!
LISTEN TO THE CHOIR