The CWRU Department of Music provides free audio recordings of the following events:
- all concerts by official Music Department ensembles
- all recitals that are required for the completion of graduate degrees
- all endowed recitals (e.g. the annual Terr Ronis Recital)
- performances given as part of Music Department or CIM chamber music courses that are offered exclusively to CWRU students (studio recitals not included)
These events are recorded by CWRU Audio Recording majors as part of their required Audio Internship courses (MUAR 151B-154B and 251B-254B).
. . . . .
A recording service is available for a fee of $45.00 for all other Music Department performances (scheduled in Harkness Chapel) that fall within these categories:
- student solo or joint recitals
- studio recitals
- guest recitals
The procedure for requesting and paying for the recording service is as follows:
- Request time in the Harkness Chapel by completing the Harkness Chapel Reservation Form (make sure to check the box next to “Recording Request”).
- Submit the Harkness Audio Service: Recording Request below.
- A minimum of two weeks advance notice is required when requesting recording services, and recording service is only available in Harkness Chapel. Off-site events (including official Music Department ensembles) that need to be recorded will be independently contracted.
- Performers will receive e-mail confirmation when a recording engineer has been assigned to the event.
- Payment is required no later than 4 business days before the event, and should be dropped off in the Music Office (Haydn Hall, 201).
- Accepted forms of payment: Cash/Check
- Please make checks out to Case Western Reserve University
- CIM students should make recording requests through the CIM Audio Service if at all possible. Use the form below to request a CWRU Audio Recording Technician.